john01dav
Site Admin

Funding

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Hello MMCC,

Finances, the topic no one wants to talk about but that the world runs on, has reared its ugly head. As I am sure many of you are aware, Minecraft servers are expensive to run, and although the staff want MMCC to succeed we don’t have the financial resources to foot the bill. That is why we have donations.

The main expense MMCC has is the dedicated server bill. We rent the Game-2 from SoYouStart, a budget brand of OVH. This costs us US$59 per month. In addition to this, the domain, purchased through Namecheap, costs US$3 per year (the staff handles this expense ourself, although it does change somewhat often when the .club TLD goes on sale). In order to ensure that MMCC will not shut down if it isn’t popular for a few months, we like to keep a cushion of money to run the server for 4 months and in case of unexpected expenses. This works out to be US$236. Unfortunately, MMCC’s current budget only has US$124.39 in it, which is enough to run the server for just 2 months. The next dedicated server bill is due Wednesday September 20th 2017, and paying this bill without any donations in the interim will drop our cushion to only enough funds to run the server for 1 month, a very dangerous level.

Due to this financial situation, I would like to ask all players to donate if they can to our online store. MMCC is a great Minecraft server, or at least we do our best to make it so, but this is one aspect we can’t do without your help. MMCC would not be where it is today without the generous support of many donors in the past. It is important to note, however, that neither I nor the staff want you to donate if you can’t afford it; your personal finances are more important than a Minercaft server. For those of you who can afford it, however, we accept PayPal and all major credit/debit cards (via PayPal)*. If you want to donate, we have a VIP package which provides cosmetic in-game perks along with “pure” donation packages that provide nothing in return available at our store here.

Lastly, I would like to thank the entire community of MMCC -- both those who have and those who have not donated -- for making MMCC the great server it is today. I hope that it can continue to provide a good place for anyone to enjoy Modded Minecraft for as long as possible.

*: If you choose to doante via credit or debit card we do not see your credit card number, etc. since PayPal processes the information and passes along the money without giving out that information.

Return to “Announcements”