minecraftpl6a

New server?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:27 am

Hi,
I already talked about this topic with John and he said that I should post it here so I am doing exactly that.

So as we all know, Beyond is not a challanging modpack and many people have alrrady achieved late game and the only other servers that MMCC is offering are Direwolf which is very similiar to Beyond and Mindcrack which is heavily outdated (altough I understand its existance as an old school server) so I think there should really be that 4th server that would be all about challange. Heck, I would even consider replacing Direwolf with a new server since pretty much no one plays on it either way and it is a waste of resources imho. Anyway, the two modpacks I propose are:
1. Age of Engineering. It is a Expert Mode pack with a unique idea of processing through ages and earning trophies for doing so etc. I think thatthe rest of the info is on the curse page. It has a solid community and is one of the most downloaded 1.10.2 packs
2. Nuts and Bolts torqued. Imho even a harder modpack with classic HQM and changed recipes that require going into mods that arent important in Beyond or just arent present in Beyond at all like Mekanism. It is my favorite and I highly reccomend giving this one a go, however it has a smaller playerbase/community. It is also on Curse if any of the Staff members are interested go there and read all the details.

I hope that something will be done and MMCC will grow ;)

Also, I understand that you guys have limited time, however, if you need any help, with, for example, building the spawn I am down to help you.

Wilder

Re: New server?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 am

My issues with non-FTB packs are:
1. How often is the pack updated in regards to bug fixing (not necessarily content)?
2. Small playerbases/communities are not beneficial to us. We need more players on our server, therefore we need a modpack that a large percent of the modded minecraft community plays.
IGN: _Wilder_

minecraftpl6a

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 am

Wilder wrote:My issues with non-FTB packs are:
1. How often is the pack updated in regards to bug fixing (not necessarily content)?
2. Small playerbases/communities are not beneficial to us. We need more players on our server, therefore we need a modpack that a large percent of the modded minecraft community plays.

1. Its being updated pretty often, last update was on 30th of May. Looking at the version history new updates with bug fixes I would say new update every 14-16 days. Sometimes often if there is a major bug. (Age of Engineering)
2. Thats why even though I think that Nuts and Bolts Torqued is better I think Age of Engineering is better as it is one of the most popular 1.10.2 modpacks for 1.10.2 on Curse.

john01dav
Site Admin

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:56 am

Do we have any idea of what % of the modded community (who plays on servers) uses these as their primary pack? Both of these packs sound really interesting, but it is very important for a server that we only choose popular packs.

minecraftpl6a

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:29 pm

john01dav wrote:Do we have any idea of what % of the modded community (who plays on servers) uses these as their primary pack? Both of these packs sound really interesting, but it is very important for a server that we only choose popular packs.

I would say judging by Curse and reddit Age of Engineering seems to be pretty popular. As for Nuts and Bolts Torqued, well, it is a new modpack with a small playerbase so if we are looking for new players I would go with Age of E. As for the %, unfortunately such data is unavailable atm.

minecraftpl6a

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Spotlight on Age of Engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkYB6vmG08o

Skip to 19:46

Return to “Server & Website Suggesstions”