Sudos

plugin for vote restart / vote kill squids (or whatever cause errors :P )

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi guys,

since most of you (especiallay the staff) are from the US timezones and offline when the day begins for EU it happens sometimes that there are bugs occuring and no staff member is online.

I saw it already on other servers, that there were /vote commands for auto restart the server etc.

What do you think about this idea? Maybe also vote commands for other stuff, that often breaks/laggs the server ?

Greetings,

Sudos

john01dav
Site Admin

Re: plugin for vote restart / vote kill squids (or whatever cause errors :P )

Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 pm

While I do like this idea in theory, the main problem with implementing a vote to restart system is the technical side. I could either have a command (or something similar) in-game, in which case it is vulnerable to MC glitches (which would be happening when it is being used), or, I could implement it via Discord in which case there needs to be some sort of Linux daemon processing them (which would be somewhat difficult to make, considering MC doesn't have any sort of external API to access the internals from a separate process) or a in-process Java plugin subject to MC's glitchiness. As such, I think a better option is either regular automatic restarts or a plugin that detects when the TPS gets low and purges squids, etc. (restarting if necessary).

Return to “Server & Website Suggesstions”