Wilder

Expanding the World Border

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:17 am

Hi! :D

Before all, sorry if I make grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my first language.
I've been asked to write a formal request on here regarding this subject so here we go:

First of all, as you know, new players join the server every day. That's huge, by modded server standards, and with this influx of players, the current map might get a little... crowded. Expanding the world border would help new players find places to settle without having to build too close to others if they don't want that.

Second of all, there comes the problem of biome diversity. I've explored the current map a fair bit, and I've seen that the majority of it is composed of biomes that might not be quite pleasing for the average builder, such as swamps, oceans, deserts (actually, only one big desert which is being torn to pieces for its resources) etc. It took me quite a while before I found the nice Flower Field biome I currently reside in. I believe expanding the world border would also increase the options for the new players mentioned above.

Additionally, expanding the world border would get both new and old players to explore the new land. As it stands right now, The number of naturally-generated structures on this map is quite small; to my knowledge there are just a few villages, maybe only 2 or 3 strongholds and only one ocean temple. Along with other structures I haven't mentioned, all of them have been already raided and emptied of their resources. Expanding the world border would bring new places and dungeons for everyone to discover and build around.

On the issue of having to pregenerate the new landmass, I believe an hour or two of downtime (or even more, not sure how much time it would take) when (generally) nobody is playing would be a good trade for all the advantages I described above.

Alright, I've exhausted my ideas :D Thank you for your time!
IGN: _Wilder_

Return to “Server & Website Suggesstions”