john01dav
Site Admin

Modpack Selection for New Server

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Hello MMCC-er-ians*!

As was decided in our previous poll, we will not be resetting the current map and we will be creating a new server to run alongside our current server. This, however, begs the question: what modpack will this new server be? As per internal discussion among staff members, we will be launching one retro pack and one community-selected pack for a total of 3 servers: Direwolf20 1.10 (the current one); Tekkit Lite, Tekkit Classic, FTB Ultimate, or Mindcrack (retro server); and a server with a community selected pack. To determine what modpack will be launched as the community selected pack, a poll will be made available. Before this poll is made available, however, we would like input from the community on what modpacks to add to it.

Currently these are our options:
  • Project Ozone 2
  • Sky Factory 3
  • FTB Beyond
  • Tekkit Lite
  • Tekkit Classic
  • Mindcrack
  • Custom exploration-focused pack†
  • Hexxit
  • FTB Ultimate
  • Proton

If there are any packs that you would like added to this list, please reply to this thread and include why your suggestion is significantly different from these options (or why it is better and should replace one of these options). Additionally, should Tekkite Lite, Tekkit Classic, or Mindcrack be selected, we will only create one new server that fulfils the roll of both the retro server and the community-selected server.

* Yes, I am still using that horrible name. Don't like it? Give me a better one.
† Would include mods similar to twilight forest, with a heavy focus on transportation (ie. no /tp, /tpa, /warp, /home, etc.) with mods such as airplanes and boats. There may also be some light tech mods (ie. a heavily cut down IC2 or Ender IO to just provide minimal power generation and powered machines).

DJ Demonsquirrelz

Re: Modpack Selection for New Server

Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:32 pm

FTB Beyond sounds like the best option because its fresh and new for everyone. Since it is new it might be bumpier to make stable, but if its doable I'm excited to see whatits like.

Return to “Announcements”