Cre8or

[BEYOND] [LOW-LEVEL] Can't craft OpenComputer components

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:47 am

As discussed with Capybara on Discord, I'm posting this as a reminder that some of OpenComputer's components cannot be crafted on the FTB Beyond server. From what I gathered the recipes don't exist on the server, but the items do.

Issue Description: Can't craft specific OpenComputers items, such as tier 1 RAMs or disk platters
Client-side mods: none?
Latest known date the issue still occurs on: Today (18th April 2017)
Exact steps to reproduce the issue: Put the required ingredients in any 3x3 crafting grid and attempt to craft the item in question
Client-side crash logs: N/A
Any other information you wish to include: Capybara has been notified of this issue, see Discord

Cre8or

Re: [BEYOND] [LOW-LEVEL] Can't craft OpenComputer components

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:39 pm

I found the cause and a temporary workaround for the issue.

The cause: when crafting iron nuggets from an iron ingot, you obtain AgriCraft's iron nuggets. Any recipe using iron nuggets will not work when using the ones from this mod - not even turning these 9 nuggets back into an iron ingot. The crafting recipes probably fail because they don't recognise these nuggets as valid ingredients. Using other mods' iron nuggets however works fine - I can now craft the OpenComputers components that I require.

The workaround: The server likes to replace any kind of iron nuggets with AgriCraft's version, even when the recipe says you will get, let's say, TechReborn's nuggets. Because of this, we need a way to obtain another mod's nuggets (and no, the Forge book doesn't work in this case). My solution was to smelt the bad nuggets in a Tinker's Construct smeltery and recast them into nugget molds to obtain TechReborn's iron nuggets. Using these I can now craft all of the recipes that need iron nuggets. Alternatively, a spawn shop that trades different mod types' nuggets in a 1 to 1 would work too (in fact that would be better), but hopefully not required if this issue gets resolved, because...

Additional notes: this problem only seems to occur on the Modded Minecraft Club FTB Beyond server. I haven't tried on any other public servers, but I have tried downloading the server files via the legacy FTB launcher and hosting my own local server, on which I was able to use the "bad" nuggets to successfully craft the aforementioned OpenComputers components.
I'm clueless as to why it won't work on this server, but I hope it gets resolved soon. This has been preventing me from progressing in my base for almost a week now.

trunksbomb

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm

FTB Beyond has a lot of little oredict isuses like this because the authors decided to implement some kind of "deduplication" where the goal was to prevent having to manage multiple items of the same type from different mods.

The easy fix as a player is to get an oredict compatible container (such as a Storage Drawers drawer)- put the desired nugget type in and lock the drawer with a key; now, every nugget that should oredict with that nugget will be turned into the proper nugget type.

There are a LOT of issues with TechReborn and oredict right now.. a lot.

john01dav
Site Admin

Tue May 23, 2017 1:38 am

Closing due to inactivity. Please reply if you encounter this issue again.

sigmasoldier

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Happening the same here, there should be a patch or some way to fix this.

I cannot craft a tier 1 microchip because of this... I cannot even craft back iron ingots!!!

132ikl
Site Admin

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:20 pm

[Reopened]
Hello! I'm 132ikl, one of the owners of the server along with john01dav. Thank you for joining us here at Modded Minecraft Club!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Return to “Issue Tracker Archive”