Gorstavich

[Beyond] [Low] Client crashes every time I open a backpack

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Issue Description: Every time I open my backpack (ProjectRed Exploration) my game client crashes.
Client-side mods: FTB Beyond 1.10 recommended mod list, no additions.
Latest known date the issue still occurs on: August 6th
Exact steps to reproduce the issue: Log into server, attempt to open the backpack in my inventory.
Exact coordinates of the issue: Have confirmed that issue happens both at my temporary cotton farm as well as spawn.
Client-side crash logs: Can be viewed by going to http://gorcraft.us/img/crash-2017-08-06-client.txt
Your in-game name: Gorstavich
Any other information you wish to include: Created the backpack, dyed it black, and then opened it a first time (don't recall exactly what I put in it). Issue occurs every time I try to open it after that first time.

john01dav
Site Admin

Re: [Beyond] [Low] Client crashes every time I open a backpack

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:08 pm

It isn't clear from your post whether this happened the first time you made your backpack, before you had a chance to put anything in it. If it is indeed empty, would having a staff member spawn a different kind of backpack be sufficient? In general, when an error such as this occurs, there isn't much we can do other than report it to the mod developer.

Gorstavich

Re: [Beyond] [Low] Client crashes every time I open a backpack

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Sorry, thought I had covered that in the "Any other information" part. The very first time I opened it, it worked fine. Put something into it (I think calamari and ink sacs, nothing important). Game client now crashes every time I have tried to open it after that first.

Was going for the backpacks from ProjectRed as they are more general purpose than the ones from the Forestry mod, and swapping it for a Bag of Holding isn't terribly balanced (and I already have a backpack from Iron Backpacks). It appears that satchels aren't in this pack. Are there any other general purpose bag-like carrying items that could be made? If not, I may just start making Strongboxes instead.

Back to point. I'll go ahead and get rid of the backpack. Yes, please report issue to the mod author.

Return to “Issue Tracker Archive”